SweLL data consists of essays written by Second Language (L2) learners of Swedish. The data is uploaded to Korp, the corpus search and analysis tool that is developed and maintained at Språkbanken. You can find L2 data under L2 Korp folder.
Researchers, students and potentially other users that are interested in how language learning paths develop, can use the material through Korp interface.
However, the data is accessible only to those with a password. To get access, please, fill in an application form.
To help those with interest to L2 data searches in Korp, we have prepared some information:
1. Introduction with examples (June 2020) Please note that there have been some changes in Korp since August 2021, among others - all current L2 corpora are available at L2 Korp folder.
2. Blogs describing L2 searches in Korp
- SB-blog, 17 June 2020: Korp searches in Second Language data
3. Video-instructions from August 2021.
- Julia Prentice and Mats Wirén. Tutorial 1. Searches in L2 Korp and SVALA [video, 23 min. Note - scroll 10 secs in the beginning]
- Mats Wirén and Lena Granstedt. Tutorial 2. Searches in L2 Korp and Svala [video, 26 min]
4. Video-instructions from June 2020. (Please note that there have been some changes in Korp since August 2021, among others - all current L2 corpora are available at L2 Korp folder.)
Please, let us know which other searches you are interested in by adding comments to this document, last chapter)
- Get access to L2 corpora in Korp (video, ≈ 6 min)
- General on L2 corpora (video, ≈ 5 min)
- Define a search (link to Korp manual)
- Metadata information (video, ≈ 8 min)
- Statistics (video, ≈ 7 min)
- Word picture (video, ≈ 5 min)
- Comparisons (video, ≈ 3 min)
- Pseudonymization codes
- Correction codes (listing and explanations)
- Correction codes (video, ≈ 3 min)
- Full text viewing (video, ≈10 min)