Automatically identifying and classifying argumentation is really hard. We are trying to find out how hard.
The goal of the project is nothing less than success!
Vision and planning
This project is run by doctoral researchers working on argumentation from different angles, meeting regularly to present ongoing work and to discuss relevant research.
Some of the topics we are addressing at the moment are:
- Argumentation in Swedish online debate forums
- Argumentation in Swedish parliamentary debates
- Argumentation and humour
- Inference Anchoring Theory (IAT)
- Språkbanken Text, Department of Swedish, Multilingualism, Language Technology, University of Gothenburg
- CLASP, Department of Philosophy, Linguistics, and Theory of Science, University of Gothenburg
- FLoV, Department of Philosophy, Linguistics, and Theory of Science, University of Gothenburg
To get in touch with the argumentation group, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org